Interesting talks, informative workshops, fruitful discussions, and good networking, all at an incredible venue: nhow – The Music and Lifestyle Hotel Berlin.
Escar conference started in 2003 and is the world’s leading automotive cybersecurity conference. Last year the Conference in Cologne, Germany reached the highest number of attendees since it started. The attendees and exhibitors enjoyed insightful and cheerful escar days, interesting talks and good networking.
Modern cars have become complex digital devices and automotive cybersecurity is one of the most important issues. Therefore, the overall goal and objective of escar is to provide a forum for collaboration among private industry, academia, and government regarding modern in-vehicle cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities and risk mitigation/countermeasures. Escar offers an opportunity for information exchange and networking, and is a platform to define research needs. International and high-quality speakers give recent insights and encourage discussions.
escar conference includes invited talks in the following areas:
- Security engineering, formal methods, development and validation tools, security standardization and security economics for automotive domains
- Security of vehicle-driven business, maintenance and service models
- Identity theft, privacy and data protection issues in vehicular settings
- Vehicular hardware security and hardware security modules
- Security of vehicular on-board, passenger, and V2X communications
- Security of software downloads and open vehicle application platforms
- Security of vehicular component protection solutions
- Security of legal car applications (e.g. event data recorder, tachograph)
- Security of road pricing, restricted areas access and vehicle monitoring
- Security of vehicle theft prevention and theft response solutions
- Security of vehicular rights control and audit (e.g., feature activation)
- Security of future vehicle applications (e.g., electric cars, ITS)
- Security for other transport systems (e.g., railways, aerospace